Celebrate our volunteers | VA Erie Health Care
Volunteers are an invaluable asset to our nation’s veterans and to the Department of Veterans Affairs.
The Erie VA cannot sing the praises of our volunteers enough; their commitment and dedication to serving our veterans is amazing. They provide assistance with transporting patients to our facilities, transportation to and from appointments, engagement and companionship during visits, courier services for the lab, and much more. They play a critical role within our organization and we appreciate and celebrate each one of them.
Erie VA Volunteer Highlights
- Erie VAMC has 335 volunteers serving in multiple capacities and locations, including Crawford, Ashtabula, Warren, and Venango CBOC as well as the main Erie VAMC facility.
- The Erie VAMC has the highest number of volunteer hours served in VISN 4.
- The Erie VAMC has the largest volunteer transportation network program in VISN 4 and is among the top 5 programs across the country.
- Erie VAMC volunteers have continued to volunteer their time throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Programs such as the guardian angel program and pet therapy are generated through voluntary service.
- The majority of our volunteers have multiple volunteer assignments and volunteer more than one day per week.
Meet some of our volunteers
Click on the links below to view volunteer profiles.